Latham, Ervin, Vognsen & Associates is an independent energy adviser, primarily to Midwestern purchasers of natural gas, electricity and steam. Our clients include industrials, hospitals, cities, schools, colleges, universities, smaller electric municipals, gas utilities and trade associations. We advise wind and solar system clients on transmission, electric production and other energy market issues.
Our primary activities are:
- Negotiation of short-term and long-term electric and natural gas supply agreements.
- Aggregation of clients into larger purchasing pools.
- Oversight of the administration of energy supply contacts.
- Preparation of Class Cost of Service (CCS) studies and rate designs.
- Advice on strategic energy investments in electric generation.
- Negotiation of the purchase and sale of energy production and aggregation businesses.
- Advice on market participation in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) energy, capacity and transmission markets.
- Providing energy policy advice on legislative and regulatory affairs.
Latham, Ervin, Vognsen & Associates is continuously involved in electric pricing, CCS issues and energy market transactions and provides advice based on current market conditions.